our comprehensive advanced caching technology. Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint available on the market.
With innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance, PowerChoice and RAID Rebuild, you can customize your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with the 8TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs, while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate.
Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB/yr, and backed by 2M hours MTBF as well as a 5-Year Limited Warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD helps to ensure you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10x the rated workload of desktop HDDs.
Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Best-Fit Applications: Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres with replicated storage, Massive scale-out data centres and big data analytics, High-capacity density RAID storage, Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS), Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph, Enterprise backup and restore-D2D, virtual tape, Centralized surveillance.
- 512 Emulation Standard Model
- 8TB Capacity
- 12Gb/s SAS Interface
- Dual Interface Ports
- 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading 6-disk technology, resulting in 33% more storage in the same storage slot
- Advanced Write Caching feature to utilize enhanced algorithms, resulting in the industry's highest nearline storage workload performance efficiencies
- Widely accepted, proven ninth-generation conventional perpendicular recording technology for reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Industry-leading rotational vibration tolerance design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550TB/yr-10x that of desktop drives
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis
- Seagate SeaTools diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO
- PowerBalance Technology
- Disk Size: 3.5 Inches
- Drive Interface: SAS 12Gb/s
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 2.0M Hours
- Disk Capacity: 8000GB
- Disk Speed: 7200RPM
- Enclosure type: Internal